The 11th 518 Marathon will be held in Gwangju on May 21st.
A quick and early look at some of the marathons and runs coming up in Jeollanam-do, for the benefit of those who made "get into, or back into, running" one of their New Year's resolutions.
* Haenam Land's Edge Marathon (해남땅끝마라톤대회), February 13th. Full, half, 10km, and 5km runs. Registration through January 22nd.
* Jeongnamjin Jangheung Marathon (정남진장흥전국마라톤), February 27th. Full, half, 10km, and 5km runs. Registration through February 6th.
* March 1st International Marathon (3.1절국제마라톤대회), March 1st. Full, half, and 5km runs. Registration through February 7th.
* Honam International Marathon (호남국제마라톤대회), April 17th. Full, half, 10km, and 5km runs. Registration through March 18th.
* Boseong Green Tea Marathon (보성녹차밭마라톤), May 1st. Registration from February 1st through April 15th.
* 518 Marathon (518마라톤), May 21st. Half, 5km, and a "518 run" that follows a 5.18km course to mark the city's commemoration of the Gwangju Massacre. Registration from February 14th through April 20th.
Others that take place each spring in Jangseong, Hampyeong, Yeonggwang, and Naju haven't yet announced their dates.
See similar posts in January 2009 and 2010 for more comments and links. It's worth sharing here the Seoul Flyers---an expat running group in Seoul---and the Gwangju Running Club for people who would like some inspiration, camaraderie, and practice.